Wednesday 11 April 2012

I prayed for patience

I prayed for patience the other day. Since then I've waited in line for hours at the grocery store, listened to my kids practice their "spongebob voice" in the car, and misplaced my income tax receipts on numerous occasions. I'm good now Lord. Moral of the story, be careful what you pray for, you may get it. This doesn't mean I will stop praying, this just means I will be more selective. I will seriously think of things that are wants and weed them out among the needs. I will be thankful for the opportunity to become more patient or the ability to show kindness. For the places where I can be a peacemaker and my chances to be humble even when it stings. Maybe I will even focus on what I do have instead of what I don't. I know all this sounds as easy as pie. But have you ever made pie? It's not that easy. Yum pie. Now I need to pray for willpower. 

No comments:

Post a Comment